A few months ago I noticed a strange contraption at the Dollar Tree-it was a microwave egg cooker! Basically, you crack an egg and either immediately dump it in the “contraption” if you want a poached egg, or mix it first if you want it scrambled. Now that I have had plenty of time to practice with it, I’ve made up a few “original” recipes. This recipe is inspired by pizza, of course.Jump to Recipe
The ingredients are all items you can easily find at the store, or even in your house!
The only prep you really have to do is chop some tomato-I like to use Roma tomatoes! Other than that, you just need to take your cheese and seasonings out.
Once your tomato is chopped, set aside what you’re going to use in the recipe (I don’t usually use the entire tomato). Now it’s time to crack your egg and mix in your seasonings! The tomatoes and cheese should follow suit.
Now, pour the mixture into an egg cooker and cook! It tastes great accompanied with a good potato patty or tater tots!
Best Italian-Style Microwave Eggs
- Microwave Egg Cooker
- 1 egg
- lots of shredded Italian style cheese
- oregano seasoning
- garlic salt can be substituted with plain salt
- garlic powder
- basil seasoning
- tomato cut into tiny pieces
- Mix egg. Add oregano, garlic salt, garlic powder, tomato, and basil, then mix. Mix in shredded cheese.
- Pour mixture into egg cooker. Cook according to egg cooker instructions. With mine I have to cook in 20 second increments, because it is notorious for "blowing up!" Try not to overcook: egg may seem wet because of cheese.
- Make sure that the tomato pieces are cut small so that you get a piece with every bite.
- There are no measurements because you can’t really mess it up. It’s all based on personal preferences! I typically use 1/2 of a Roma tomato, depending on the size, and lots of garlic powder because I love garlic flavor.
- Tastes great served with tater tots or a potato patty!